Content Trends that will assist us through the rest of 2020
July 2020Winning through this pandemic crisis, and ending the year on success!
2020 has been a rough year for some and a boost for others. Through this pandemic several trends for content marketing have emerged.
Before the outbreak, several content marketing trends were already emerging and have been accelerating during the covid-19 pandemic, as well as the consumer behaviour.beyondebiz.com.au
Stakes will be higher than what they have already been. With budgets being squeezed and the major recession on the horizon, high customer engagement, acquisition and retention will become difficult to achieve, being more crucial than ever. With the second wave of infection commenced in some regions including the complex safety guidelines which worsen consumer uncertainty and cause further reluctance to return to old shopping habits.
The content which successfully worked with the tried and tested methods before the pandemic, no longer make an effect on the consumers after the experience of the sudden shift on their priorities.
Though we do not know what lies ahead in 2020, so our marketers are implementing revised content strategies that convey with what has happened and the new normal that has begun and will await the new market post-covid.
1. Social ResponsibilityBrand purpose has gained priority over other aspects of content marketing, over the past couple of years, as societal issue and ethical issues increasingly inform customers product and brand choices, which has lead to a vast adoption of the sustainability sourced goods, with greener delivery options and charitable support.
This pandemic has maintained a spotlight on the social responsibility more than it ever had before. The small scale of this crisis means that brands can not ignore the change it has done to their business, with their customers and society affected a most. Many brands have avoided and shied away from their social responsibilities when it came to marketing strategies and by the end of it, they had to address it, or risk the loss of brand reputation. Brands now jump on to representing pride month by changing the colours of their logos and taking some part, this is a form of using their platform for good, in support of the LGBT community.
These types of event in particular have been an eye-opener for marketers to take societal issues into account when marketing the brand. Over the months of this pandemic consumers have had more time on their hands to scrutinise the authenticity of the brand communications and are calling out on the issues that are important to them.
It is clear that brands will need to take more interest in the current events during the second half of the year and most possible in the long term. We must understand that it will take time to address the crises, as the already incorporated CSR will need to be adjusted from pre-covid to post-covid.
2. Video Content & Visual StorytellingOver the years the way audience engage in marketing advertisements have changed. In the year 2019 video advertising has risen as the generation of target audience behaviour has changed. Email marketing is now considered annoying and in some cases spam. Many do not pay attention to email marketing. Consumers are now interested in a story, with most cases a story which they can relate to.
Consumers pay more attention to video advertising than any other advertisements, according to Hubspots Content trends survey.
With the popular platform of youtube, being highly used to advertise, consumers pay more attention as their minder tends to wander. As consumers habits and preferences continuously change, the marketers will have to keep up or get left in the dust.
Of course, we can’t just make a video and put it online. We must create a video that is engaging. Story telling video are most successful; the mind is very curious, so consumers will watch out of curiosity, the story can touch the heart with emotions, or can allow consumers to relate to the brand. If your story is great you are half way to creating an engaging successful advertisement.
3. Control and update your E-A-TKnow and amend your expertise, authority and trustworthiness, and it is important that the brand is well aware of these 3 in the content, which applies both in the website for both the brand and the individual writing the content. So how do you prove your E-A-T.
- Having your website link on other websites
- Providing E-A-T information on your website, within the bio, about and author page
- Linking other sites on your website for sources of supporting stats, data and informational facts in the content
- Regularly updating the website and content, to the current situation and information
Other than keeping your E-A-T up to standards, having exceptional content is most important, to keep the user engaged.
4. Data-backed content in marketing effort is necessaryWhen proving a point across to your audience it is important t to back up your information posts and content marketing is backed up with data. These types of data could be statistics and case studies. When adding data to your information, it creates trust, keeping the consumer engaged and in belief of your information. Another advantage is when consumers talk about the interest, they took from your content they will themselves reference you, this increases your brand awareness through the form of word of mouth.
Brands for information, brands need to dig for their own data, in order to find meaningful content marketing details that assist in the engagement of their target audience. After they will need to develop an effective content marketer plan to achieve their business objectives. With in the next 5 years it is believed the analytical skills will hype to become a core competence in marketing.
Any content for your business is good advertising but having the right type of content marketing will do you wonders. It will be content that is appreciated, content that is engaged and content that will make consumers take the next step.